Thursday 15 October 2009

Is Patience a Virtue?

All is quiet here! I'm all alone as OH has gone off for a few days on the golf course. Most of the work on our new home is now done and I am sitting here, patiently awaiting delivery of our new kitchen, promised for today. Our kitchen fitter has said it will take him a week to complete but when I rang yesterday he informed me that he is not too sure when he can start as the job he is on is taking longer than anticipated! He has had at least 2 weeks' notice of the delivery date so I am none too pleased and I shall be having words with him later! We were hoping to be moving in here in about 10 days' time but it looks as though that will have to be put back again.

However, on a more positive side, I have finally found time to visit a few blogs and find out what has been going on over the past weeks.

So please keep watching this space. I will, hopefully, be giving more regular updates from now on!

8 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

Oh sweet Anne, take your time! I'm so happy for you and your new home!
Also I would like to thank you for so kind comments you left in our blog, I know that you are very busy now.
Everything will be okay there soon, as you sad...just a little bit more patient! :)
God bless you
Léia

Sandi McBride said...

Yes my dear Anne, patience is a virtue! I am sure that you have an abundant supply as I would have been a screaming banshee long ago! Enjoy your week anyway...
hugs
Sandi

jabblog said...

Bad luck Anne - never mind, think how wonderful Christmas will be i your new home!

Maggie May said...

That is naughty of him...... but you know what bulders are like.
Think of the end result. I have been waiting for my kitchen to be completed since April! The family (who are doing it...... say *Well at least we got rid of the rats*! Well yes they did that but.......

Nuts in May

joo said...

Hello Anee, nice to see you again:)
Well, seems that it's the same everywhere - I could tell you stories about fitters, plumbers, electicians. They can take their time!!! But sooner or later you'll enjoy your new house.....just be patient:):)
Greetings

Mara said...

I've recently been watching a BBC morning programme about cowboy builders! The shivers, the shivers...
Anyway, I am glad you are at least reasonably back in blogland. Take care and hopefully that kitchen will soon be installed!

Reasons said...

Oh to have a home of my own! Enjoy every minute. x

Gill - That British Woman said...

just keep saying to yourself, it will be all worth it,

Gill in Canada