Monday 27 September 2010

Holidays and Routines

Well, we made it back from our holiday. Delayed about 5 hours due to the French Air Traffic Control strike, we finally arrived home at about 11 pm on Thursday night. We had a good holiday though and that was the only problem we encountered. It was a week of relaxing in the warm sunshine, swimming, reading and catching up with old friends. OH celebrated his 69th birthday whilst we were there and the day we came home was our 22nd wedding anniversary!

No further plans for holidays as yet though we may try to get away for a weekend or two before Christmas. Family in Australia are still planning to return to UK and have now instructed agents to sell their house. Because of that, as much as I would love to see them all, and it has been nearly a year since I was there, we are not making any arrangements to travel that far yet. My step-daughter and her family live in New Zealand though so we will be travelling that way before too long.

For now though it is "business as usual" - back into our usual routines. Apart from that though I do have some extra things to do. I have committed myself to holding a coffee morning in aid of charity and will have to arrange that this week. I may be starting at a sewing class this week. Something I have been wanting to do for some while as although I can sew, it is usually confined to sewing on buttons and the odd hem! I have recently become friendly with my next door neighbour and she is encouraging me to go. I think it might be fun! I think she may also be encouraging me to go swimming with her once a week also - watch this space!

Of course, Christmas is already all around us in the shops and eventually, we will have to plan and arrange for that. And my new friend is keen to make Christmas cakes!

Today is going to be busy. I am going to see my mum and do some jobs for her and then meeting a friend for lunch. Later, weather permitting, I hope to go for a walk and pick some blackberries before it is too late. So, I had better get going - I'm not even dressed yet!

8 comments:

Mara said...

Holiday... That sounds good! But, where are the photos you took?

Maggie May said...

Glad you are an active lady with your classes and new friendships.
Also that you had a good holiday.
Yes...... where are the photos?
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Sandi McBride said...

So glad that the only trouble you encountered was one so readily attended to! What, no pictures of the wedding couple that was? I know you didn't go cameraless!
hugs
Sandi

Cezar and Léia said...

Dear Anne,
Glad that you enjoy your holidays and now you are safe and happy at home.
I'm curious about to see your pictures! :)
Enjoy your week and take your time!
purrs
Luna

***Mommy Léia is also busy here since last week.She is doing French classes during the mornings and twice a week at evenings!Well, I hope she can learn fast and right this time! LOL
However she can be very crazy with all lessons and homeworks and she needs a time to take care of me of course! :)
purrs - WE LOVE LUNA

joo said...

Good to hear that you enjoyed your holiday Anne. Can't wait to see photos! You really are going to be busy, aren't you? But it's good for you! It's great to have such an active friend:)
Have a nice week Anne:)
Hugs

DeniseinVA said...

happy to hear you've had such a lovely time Anne. Nice to be back catching up on your blog. Have an enjoyable week ahead. Denise x
An English Girl Rambles

SquirrelQueen said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful trip, glad to hear that was the only trouble you had. It is so hard to believe that Christmas is so near but I think I will enjoy autumn before I worry about it too much.

Hadriana's Treasures said...

You've mentioned Christmas twice lately. I'm starting to get panicky!

Blackberries. Hmm. Love them. :)