Sunday 25 March 2012

Time to Relax

It will soon be my birthday. Last year one of my presents was a voucher for a facial, to be used before the end of April this year. I hadn't forgotten it I just didn't seem to have the time (or much inclination) to make use of it, although it probably would have done me good to have done so!

However, a few days ago I made the appropriate appointment and yesterday afternoon I actually went to the salon and gave myself up to having a relaxing and pampering facial. My skin felt wonderful afterwards (and looked pretty good too, if I do say so).

I walked back home in warm spring sunshine, made myself a cup of coffee, sat on the sofa, put my feet up and fell asleep for an hour. Marvellous.

Tomorrow I am going to stay with my daughter who lives in Stratford on Avon, for about a week.

I will be in touch.

10 comments:

just Gai said...

I've never had a facial but I imagine it's very relaxing. I had an afternoon nap myself. I set the alarm for an hour but ended up sleeping for three and a half! It made up for too many late nights and the clocks springing forward tomorrow.

ADDY said...

It does you good to be pampered sometimes, although I never seem to find the time either!

joo said...

Sounds perfect! Spring, walk and facial treatment:)
Have a great time with your daughter!
Hugs:)

Sandi McBride said...

Happy Birthday, Anne! I hope you enjoy your trip to your daughters...what a lovely place to spend a week...now I'm longing for a facial!
hugs
Sandi

cheshire wife said...

I have often wondered what it is like to have a facial as I have never had one, partly because I do not like people fiddling with me.

Enjoy your time at your daughters.

Hildred said...

Happy Birthday Anne, - sounds as if you had a lovely indulgent day and I hope you enjoy your visit with your daughter. Good things happen!

Cezar and Léia said...

I wish you all the best!Happy Birthday dear Anne, enjoy your trip!
Luna and mammy Léia

Maggie May said...

Happy Birthday and why not pamper yourself some more.
Hope you have a lovely stay with your daughter.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Jay said...

I quite like having facials, though my skin will never look good exactly, not in a million years! So glad you found time to cash in your voucher!

And happy birthday for this time around!

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Thanks everyone for your comments and birthday greetings. I had a fairly quiet but enjoyable day. A x