Wednesday 13 August 2014

ABC Wednesday - E

Recently our 3 Exhuberant grandchildren (ages 14, 11 and 10) were Expected for a visit.  I was very Excited.

They have plenty of Energy and Enthusiasm so Each day, quite Early, we took them out until Evening to Expend that Energy and hopefully Educate them along the way. They all had different appetites for Eating so a variety of meals was Essential.   Being Elderly (in our 70's), we were glad to Escape to our bed at the End of the day.

We had Exceptional weather Every day, the time didn't seem Endless and we did not Experience Exhaustion, (though it was close)    Their behaviour was ExemplaryEventually they left to return to their parents, our home felt Empty and I am Eagerly planning the next visit.


Thanks to Denise and the ABC Wednesday team. For more looks at the letter E, please click here.

8 comments:

ADDY said...

At least you could hand them back to their parents or else you would have been Excrutiatingly Exhausted by the next day! :)

Roger Owen Green said...

Exciting but EXHAUSTING, it appears. Right now, my daughter (10) is with her twin cousins (13) at grandma and grandpa's house, both in their upper 70s!

ROG, ABCW

Leslie: said...

I had my 6-year-old granddaughter Eden come for almost a week and she was so good, but I was so tired at the end of it all. I guess that's why we have our children when we're young. lol Glad you had a great time with your boys.

Leslie
abcw team

Shady Gardener said...

Thought perhaps you might have made Elderberry Jam . . . :-)

Ann said...

Oh we have so many appetites when our grandchildren are here--seems like it is always a dilemma. I think maybe they have too many choices.
Ann

Rethink Street said...

Sounds like an Excellent visit. Thanks for visiting my blog Anne, hope you're well!

Powell River Books said...

Extra special to have such a nice visit. - Margy

DeniseinVA said...

Excellent! A lovely time for you all, as exhausting as it must have been. I only have to watch my three year old great niece and I get sleepy with all that expended energy :)