Sunday 8 November 2009

Best Laid Plans

Our moving-in day went pretty well and we are fairly straight although there are still a few packing boxes to be gone through. My plan was to get all that done at a reasonably leisurely pace and then begin preparing for our first Christmas here.

However, combined with the stresses of the move etc we have had a cry for help from family in Australia so later today I will be heading for Heathrow Airport to catch a flight bound for Adelaide. OH has a few commitments over the next couple of weeks but will be joining me and we will fly home together, arriving back in UK on 10 December. So I will be back in touch again sometime after that.

I will be attempting to show some pictures of the view from our windows but amongst all the upheaval our computer decided enough was enough and "died" on us. I have been trying to get to grips with new one but have not yet worked out how to deal with photos for the blog and now I haven't time! Such is life - sigh!

11 comments:

Mara said...

I hope everything will be okay down south and that we will hear from you again soon (or soon again).

Pam said...

Blimey - what a turn of events. I hope that your family in Australia is okay. Good luck with the trip and I look forward to hearing from you when you get back. XXX

Deb said...

hope everything is okay...looking forward to photos...

cheshire wife said...

What timing! The weather there will be better. I hope that all is well down under.

Cezar and Léia said...

Think positive sweet Anne! Everything will be fine soon!
God bless you
Léia :)

Gill - That British Woman said...

I hope you have a safe flight there and back, and the family are all fine.

Gill in Canada

Jay said...

Oh dear .. I hope the situation in Australia isn't too bad. Hve a good flight, and I hope things are okay long before you fly back home.

DeniseinVA said...

I will be thinking of you Anne, and hoping that all is well with your family.

Cynthia L. H. said...

I hope that everything has turned out well. It is so good that you are able to just pull up and go to help!
Looking forward to hearing from you.
C

fizzycat said...

Best of luck to yourself and your family.

Gill - That British Woman said...

how's everything going?

Gill in Canada