Whilst I was on holiday I was tagged by Lindsay. Wondered what the email meant until I started to catch up with blogs. Well it means that Lindsay requires me to post six interesting facts about myself!! Unfortunately it has had to wait until now to be dealt with as I wanted to get my Indian experience down before I forgot it. I'll never forget it!
So, six "interesting" things about me:
1. I have been driving for about 38 years. I only learned to swim about 20 years ago, when I was in my mid forties. I still cannot ride a bike!
2. When my children were in the junior school I became quite involved with helping in school, listening to readers, helping with artwork etc. I also was part of the PTA and was the chairperson for a year. I really enjoyed it all.
3. One of my first jobs was as a waitress in a restaurant which was frequented by some of the stars of the 1960's film "Far from the Madding Crowd", during the time of the film being made. Saw such celebrities as Peter Finch, Terence Stamp and Alan Bates. Director of the film John Schlesinger also ate there, and I remember him coming in to reserve a table for that evening and having to spell his name for me! On another occasion Hollywood legend Kirk Douglas came in to eat.
4. I adore cats and have always had them in my life until about 4 years ago and I do miss having one around.
5. I dislike tea. I cannot even bear the smell of it so never drink it.
6. I love cooking and like to experiment with different dishes. I particularly enjoy baking cakes and decorating them. Over the past 15 years or so have made dozens of celebration cakes including wedding cakes.
So there you are!
Now I have to tag six others and report back to Lindsay. Not sure I will manage six as the tagging game has been popular lately.
So I am passing the baton - so to speak - to, and in no particular order -
Rosiero at Alcoholic Daze
Maggie at Nuts in May
Pam at Life with our Lads
Gai at Just Gai
Ann at Retired and Crazy
Winifred at The World's Greatest Procrastinator (Ditherer)!
Naturally this is not compulsory and if any of the above have already been tagged and I have missed it - apologies.
Three more days to go
2 days ago