Popped over to Gill - That British Woman's blog and came across this:
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just change all the answers so that they apply to you. You are all tagged....it's Christmas after all and I don't want to leave anyone out!
1.Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both if there happens to be more than one parcel per person or if we have several going to one household.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial - I do love real ones and the scent of them and don't even mind the needle drop - for me it's just easier.
3. When do you put up the tree? It varies - this year the first weekend in December.
4. When do you take the tree down? Again it varies - but usually leave it up as long as possible.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes but haven't had any for ages. Perhaps I'll put it on the shopping list for this year!
6. Favourite gift received as a child? I suppose it must be the one I remember best - a doll's crib, draped in blue. My cousin had one in pink. They were both from Santa!
7. Hardest person to buy for? My mother. She tells me there is nothing she wants then a week or two before Christmas buys herself something which would have been perfect! Sound familiar to anyone?
8. Easiest person to buy for? My daughter or the grand-children.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes - we have two. One is traditional and the other is for tealights.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards. Mostly mail but some email too - some of the animated cards are fun.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't know.
12. Favourite Christmas Movie? Scrooge - and I'll always watch "The Great Escape" whatever the time of year!
13. When do you start shopping? I suppose as soon as Christmas over if I see something in the sales but usually like to leave it until November. Love the Christmas atmosphere - not the crowds though.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Possibly.
15. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas pudding with brandy cream.
16. Lights on the tree? 200
17. Favourite Christmas song? I don't really have a favourite but love to hear Kirsty McCall's " Fairy Tale of New York", Johnny Mathis "When a Child is Born" and any carol being sung by a choir.
18, Travel at Christmas or stay home? Usually at home, with family round. A couple of times at daughter's and one year travelled to Australia on Boxing Day.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes, I think so - if given time to think about it.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Small angel with a star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Worrying about whether I've bought the right thing!
23. Favourite ornament theme or color? Red and gold
24. Favourite for Christmas dinner? Turkey with ALL the trimmings and Christmas pud with brandy cream.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? It would be nice to know that everyone, children especially, were being cared for but for me - a new cosy dressing gown and some new books.
I thought that was fun - hope you join in - will look forward to reading your responses!
In peace at last
2 weeks ago