Sunday 21 December 2008

We Wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

On one Christmas Eve, many years ago, I overheard the following conversation between two middle aged ladies:

1st lady - "Are you all ready then"?

2nd lady - "No kid - and I always say, if Christmas never came I still wouldn't be ready".

It made me smile then and I have often remembered that conversation at this time of year when there seems so much still to be done.

However, this year I'm really quite well organised. The house is decorated, all ready for a certain little 4 year old, presents are wrapped and under the tree, the
cakes are iced, one for us, one for daughter and one for a friend. As well as that most of the food shopping has been done.

DD and GD are due to arrive this evening and this will probably be my last post until after Christmas, though I may look in a couple of times.

So now, OH and I would like to wish all blogging friends a very happy and peaceful Christmas and best wishes for 2009.

For a jolly Christmas greeting, click here

A x

8 comments:

Winifred said...

Well you are organised.

I'm not, just like the second lady in your story. I had intended to do some housework today as I have my grandchildren for the next two days. However I woke up with some kind of bug and I have very little energy. I'm the last in the family to get it, just my luck when I thought I had escaped it.

Never mind I'll be on the whiskey, honey and lemon if it doesn't improve.

Have a lovely Christmas with your family and a great year in 2009!

abcd said...

I am not quite as organised as you but I am getting there, not so much left now.
A Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you and all your family.
Fern

Maggie May said...

Have a lovely time and Happy Christmas.

Pam said...

Hello Anne, Merry Christmas! It's been lovely meeting you in the blogosphere this year and I hope to continue our friendship into 2009.
Pam xxx

Lindsay said...

Happy Christmas!

Almost Mrs Average said...

LOL - I too am that second lady...as you've probably guessed by now. I love the little ecard. It was great to meet you this year Anne and what a fabulous year. Merry Christmas to you all and I'll see you again in the new year :-D xxx

cheshire wife said...

Hoping to get my remaining jobs done tomorrow then I might consider myself organised.

Happy Christmas.

DeniseinVA said...

Hello Anne, I look forward to hearing about your lovely Christmas. I enjoyed reading your post today. Happy New Year!