Tuesday 16 March 2010

Entertainment this week

Last weekend, as it was Mothering Sunday, my daughter and grand-daughter came to stay. On Saturday afternoon the three of us went to the cinema to see "Alice in Wonderland" in 3D. It was a wonderful film perhaps a little frightening in places for my grand-daughter but she did enjoy it. Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter was outstanding - he really made that character believable, as he always does with any part he takes. It was well worth seeing and I would recommend it. Sunday was a busy but lovely day and we all enjoyed it very much.

This evening OH and I are off to the cinema to see "Invictus". This is the film of how Nelson Mandela joined forces with the captain of the South African rugby team, in 1995, in an attempt to unite the country. The film is directed by Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman plays Mandela - it should be good.

Tomorrow, OH and I are off to London to see the West End production of "Oliver". I am so excited and will let you know all about it in a few days.

7 comments:

Mara said...

It's so strange that Mothering Sunday is in March in the UK. In the Netherlands it's in May. When the weather has a better chance of being nice.

And even then we don't celebrate...

Cezar and Léia said...

wow so interesting post dear Anne, glad to know you had such a cool time with your family and your reviews are great hints!
Mommy , sister and I love Johnny Deep! :)
purrs and love
Luna

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

I'd say you are having a Ball!!! Good for you!

Enjoy!

Gentle hugs...

joo said...

You seem to have really good time:)
I'm going to see Alice in Wonderland, since I'm a great fan of Johnny Deep!
We celebrate Mother's Day in may here, so I have to wait with celebration:)
Hugs.

Jay said...

Painting the town red, aren't you? Good for you!

I'm off to see Alice in 3D at the IMAX theatre in London in a few days. And I'm SO looking forward to it. I just hope all the effects don't have me tipping out of my seat into the next row. LOL!

Von said...

Great movie, loved it.Happy Mothers' Day..belatedly.Ours is in May.

Angie said...

Great movie!!! Went to see it for my birthday & just LOVED it.