Tuesday 30 November 2010

Where does the time go?

Well, so much for being determined to a post each day through November. I began well enough but slid into lethargy last week and now, here we are, the very last day! Where does the time go?

It wasn't actually lethargy - I have been very busy and consequently very tired and I'm afraid blogging is the first thing to go whenever that is the case.

I had a telephone call late last Tuesday afternoon asking if I could take my mother to the hospital the following morning for a blood transfusion. We needed to be there for 9 am and as she had to have 2 units of blood, would be there most of the day. Of course that meant a double journey and also re-arrangement of plans already made. No problem as Mum is priority at the moment. The journey takes 35 minutes but I had to allow for morning traffic and the fact that Mum is slow, so we left home at 8 am. When I got Mum back home there was a letter waiting for her to say that she is to go into hospital for her operation on 14th December and will be in for about 5 days. So at least we know when and I now know that I have (now) 2 weeks to prepare for Christmas.

So, I have made lists, bought cards and written most of them - they will be posted later this week and made a start on the gift buying. I have made 4 Christmas cakes - one for a charity stall, one for us and the other 2 are gifts. Yesterday I put the almond paste on each of them and will decorate them over the coming 2 weeks.

Funnily enough, I think I will be more organised this year as I have found in other years, when my time has been limited for Christmas preparations (for various reasons), that most things have gone swimmingly!

Finally, an apology to those of you who aren't so organised - I'm not bragging - honestly!


PS - I just checked and I did 20 posts out of a possible 30 so not too bad.

9 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

Oh sweet Anne,Good question in your title, because time goes so fast!
I imagine the busy time there, and so on...Everything will be fine with mommy's operation, we are praying and sending love to her.
Positive thoughts!
hugs and purrs
Luna and mommy Léia

Deb said...

hope all is going well with your Mom...good for you being so far ahead...

Hildred said...

Good for you Anne - twenty out of thirty is pretty impressive. And don't you find that things get done under pressure far more than leisurely (this from an old procrastinator!)

You will never regret missing a few blogs when your Mum is the priority, - I do wish her success and a quick recovery with her operation.

joo said...

I'm amazed! How did you manage to make cakes and prepeare other things while dealing with your Mum's ilness!
Hope all will go well with the hospital!
By the way, I think someone steals the time, it's impossible it flows so fast!
Hugs.

Maggie May said...

Even with out the worry of your mother's illness and the practical care she needs, daily blogging is a bit much.
I think you are right to give her top priority and Christmas will have to take pot luck.
This was precisely what happened to us last year when I had to start chemo right on Christmas.
Wishing you all well.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Gill - That British Woman said...

I too send your mum prayers for and hugs for a quick recovery.

Gill in Canada

www.retiredandcrazy.com said...

I'm sorry about your mum Anne. The thing about Christmas is it stretches on so long and I have always found that when I have committments it concentrates my mind to wrap (pun intended) things up quickly.

mrsnesbitt said...

I agree with the previous comment! I have 8 to cook for on Christmas Day so will be starting my lists shortly I am a great list maker - it helps me organise myself - well as best I can! Hope your mum is OK - you are right to make her your main priority - the decision will be important for you both in times to come
Lots of love
Denise x

Cynthia L. H. said...

Hope all goes well for you mother...
Hugs and best wishes to you!
;^)