Wednesday 17 December 2008

A Christmas Carol

A few evenings ago OH answered the door to some carol singers. He heard them out then found them some coins. He said he had asked them "is this a practice because you need to improve before Christmas"! Oh dear!

I didn't hear them but I have heard this lovely carol being sung by Enya and thought what a beautiful version it is. You could click on her name to hear for yourself.

If you wish to see another version of this with the translation, once you are on the relevant page, just click on the first of the related videos. The words are slightly different to those most of us are familiar with.

I do hope you enjoy it.

6 comments:

Winifred said...

Enya has a gorgeous voice. Makes it seem like real Christmas music not the jingle bells stuff.

Pam said...

How Lovely.
And I'm going to copy your tree widget!

Sandi McBride said...

I have loved Enya for so long...and that voice could sing a phonebook and make it perfect! Merry Christmas!
hugs
Sandi

Mean Mom said...

I do like your Christmas tree widget! Enya is lovely, of course. She is a favourite of my husband's, too.

I haven't had any carol singers, yet. Why is it that the good ones don't seem to go from door to door?

I quite fancy doing your Christmas tag. I will if I can find a few spare minutes - which reminds me - I should be doing something else and not blogging, right now!

Jeff B said...

Love his response! did he get the obligatory elbow to the ribs from you?

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Lovely to hear from you all and hope you enjoyed the carol.

A x