Thursday 14 January 2010

My Favourite Picture

I happened to visit Rosiero at Alcoholic Daze and became eligible to carry on this meme to display my favourite picture and to say why. Rosiero showed a photograph of her dog Snoopy and told a lovely story as to why it was her particular favourite.

Like her, I have several "favourites" and it really was a question of which to pick. It could have been my parent's wedding photo, or one of my pets and another I love is one of my son with his dog. We were all on a walk in the forest close to where my son lives in South Australia. I let them wander on ahead and took their photo. I feel quite emotional whenever I look at it, particularly now that Moss has gone to the big kennel in the sky!

The one I have chosen was also taken in Australia. It is of my eldest grandson and his sister, taken at the local park. They are 9 and 6 now but the photo was taken about 4 years ago. It is so colourful and they are having fun and it is an image I absolutely love of the two of them. I was lucky to capture it as they got to the bottom of the slide. Of course it is also a holiday snap and a lovely reminder of the happy times I have with them whenever I am able to visit.

I think I will leave it to anyone who wishes to, to take up this meme.

The chosen picture -

16 comments:

cheshire wife said...

Your grand daughter looks like quite the little diva with those sun glasses on!

Mara said...

There's so much fun in this photo, no wonder it's one of your favourites!

Deb said...

adorable kiddos

Cynthia L. H. said...

I can see why it is your favorite. Isn't it amazing how the emotions can come through a photo...speaking to us?
;^)

SquirrelQueen said...

What an adorable photo, I can see why this would be a favorite. They look like they are having so much fun.

Cezar and Léia said...

Sweet Anne,
It's always a beautiful feeling visiting your posts.
Today you make me cry here...Time goes so fast and your picture of your grandkids are brilliant.
So much happiness in their face, so much light and love around them for sure.
A beautiful picture and adorable words in your blog!
I perfectly understood your choice for this theme! It's wonderful!
Have a nice weekend,
God bless you
Léia and little Luna - we love LUna

Jay said...

It is a great picture!! The sun and the colours and the happiness on their faces, beautifully framed and with a nice, uncluttered background. Well done! No wonder it's a favourite.

Almost Mrs Average said...

Hi Anne, what a gorgeous picture. And I love those sunglasses too. :-) K x

joo said...

Anne its such a lovely photo, so cheering:)
Great choice!
have a nice weekend:)

Maggie May said...

I can quite see why this is a favourite. Lovely fun picture.

Nuts in May

Chris said...

Hi Anne,
That gimp program is good but I have to admit I took ages to do that composite picture, which may be me being stupid as I have never done anything like it before.
But there are tutorials on line.
Bests
Chris x

Gill - That British Woman said...

the look of delight and innocence in those photos say it all.

Gill in Canada

DeniseinVA said...

An adorable photo Anne. I can understand why this is a favorite.

sunnymama said...

That is a lovely photo! Such happy faces. :)

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

I'm glad you all share my feelings of fun in the photo.

CW - she is a little diva!

Thanks to all for your kind comments.

Pam said...

Lovely picture Anne!